[R-pkg-devel] The Help (e.g. links) is not working for my packages

David.Kaethner at dlr.de David.Kaethner at dlr.de
Thu Aug 10 19:34:45 CEST 2017

sorry, I got sloppy - I had played around before with the DESCRIPTION file, that does not seem to be the culprit. But you are right of course, it should run without warnings in any case.

* using log directory ‘/Users/spaceicons/code/R_package_dev/helpers2/helpers2.Rcheck’
* using R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file ‘helpers2/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* this is package ‘helpers2’ version ‘0.1’
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking whether package ‘helpers2’ can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* checking PDF version of manual ... OK
* DONE

________________________________
It tells you what the warning is. You need to specify a license in your DESCRIPTION file. You should really fill the entire thing out properly anyways.

Thank you for pointing that out, this solved the ERROR in the R CMD check. I've updated the repo.

Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem. So when you clone/pull the repo now, the error should persist.

* using log directory ‘/Users/spaceicons/code/R_package_dev/helpers2/helpers2.Rcheck’
* using R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file ‘helpers2/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package ‘helpers2’ version ‘0.1.0’
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking whether package ‘helpers2’ can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... WARNING
Non-standard license specification:
  What license is it under?
Standardizable: FALSE