[R-pkg-devel] \Sexpr{} expressions but no 'build/partial.rdb' file

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 16:30:00 CEST 2017

On 26/07/2017 9:05 AM, Phil Chalmers wrote:
> [...]
> * checking extension type ... Package
> * this is package 'mirtCAT' version '1.6'
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... Note_to_CRAN_maintainers
> Maintainer: 'Phil Chalmers <rphilip.chalmers at gmail.com
> <mailto:rphilip.chalmers at gmail.com>>'
> * checking package namespace information ... OK
> * checking package dependencies ... OK
> * checking if this is a source package ... OK
> * checking if there is a namespace ... OK
> * checking for executable files ... OK
> * checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
> * checking for portable file names ... OK
> * checking whether package 'mirtCAT' can be installed ... OK
> * checking installed package size ... OK
> * checking package directory ... OK
> * checking 'build' directory ... OK
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
> * checking top-level files ... OK
> * checking for left-over files ... OK
> * checking index information ... OK
> * checking package subdirectories ... OK
> * checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
> * checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
> * checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
> * checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies
> ... OK
> * checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
> * checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
> * checking use of S3 registration ... OK
> * checking dependencies in R code ... OK
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
> * checking replacement functions ... OK
> * checking foreign function calls ... OK
> * checking R code for possible problems ... OK
> * checking Rd files ... OK
> * checking Rd metadata ... OK
> * checking Rd line widths ... OK
> * checking Rd cross-references ... OK
> * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
> * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
> * checking Rd contents ... OK
> * checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
> * checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... OK
> * checking line endings in Makefiles ... OK
> * checking compilation flags in Makevars ... OK
> * checking for GNU extensions in Makefiles ... OK
> * checking for portable use of $(BLAS_LIBS) and $(LAPACK_LIBS) ... OK
> * checking compiled code ... OK
> * checking installed files from 'inst/doc' ... OK
> * checking files in 'vignettes' ... OK
> * checking examples ... OK
> * checking for unstated dependencies in vignettes ... OK
> * checking package vignettes in 'inst/doc' ... OK
> * checking re-building of vignette outputs ... OK
> * checking PDF version of manual ... OK
> * DONE

> Exactly the same thing occurs on my Ubuntu 64-bit box. So again, I'm
> still unsure how to proceed, particularly if only some OS's/versions are

Sounds like a bug somewhere.  Does the file you submitted to CRAN
contain the build/partial.rdb file?  If so, the bug is in the check code
being run by CRAN.  If not, the bug is in the build code that you ran.

You can get a listing of the contents from within R using

untar("mirtCAT_1.6.tar.gz", list = TRUE)

When I do that, the partial.rdb file is entry 28.

Duncan Murdoch