[R-pkg-devel] Package submission with external library

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jun 30 21:42:24 CEST 2017

On 30 June 2017 at 16:13, Nicolas Hiot wrote:
| Thanks for your reply.
|
| 1. I don't want to depend on other packages that implement GSL. (Too
| heavy for my purpose)

That is *not* what Uwe suggested.

He suggested you look at _other packages_ which _successfully use the GSL_
which include packages 'gsl', my own 'RcppGSL' and many more.

I cannot agree more with Uwe: you have working examples to work from. Study
them.

| 2. I used "LIB_GSL" environment variable in my Makevars.win
| (https://github.com/Neplex/COveR/blob/master/src/Makevars.win take
| from GSL package itself) but it seems to not used the Makevars (see
| compiler flags
| https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/170630_105826_COveR_0102/00install.out)
|
| Have you an idea?

See above. We have many packages building against GSL -- including on
Windows.

Dirk