[R-pkg-devel] Package submission - Issue with pandoc in R CMD check

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 22 17:02:35 CEST 2017

On 22 June 2017 at 16:36, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| This should be resolved in general now.

I appreciate your work on this, as well Gabor's help in providing new binaries.

But correct me here if I wrong:  It still does not help with this issue as
long as _any other pandoc binary_ is called, correct?

I.e. when I run R CMD check at home on a standard Linux box, I still get an
error.  Unless I switch to an alternate source for the file to continue to
avoid that particular server, or unless I use an alternate pandoc binary.

So just thinking out aloud: Given that a key piece of R testing now depends
on a custom binary, should be we look into providing that binary?  Should the
call to pandoc utilize an 'R-supplied' pandoc version?

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org