[R-pkg-devel] problem with package_native_routine_registration_skeleton

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 22 10:41:12 CEST 2017

    >> I have had no problems recently (having updated a pkg or two with this over
    >> the last couple of weeks). Your question is not reproducible so its hard to
    >> help...

    >> best,
    >> Mark

    >> Op wo 21 jun. 2017 om 23:46 schreef Simon Barthelmé <
    >> simon.barthelme at gipsa-lab.fr>:

    >>> Dear list,
    >>>
    >>> Is anybody else having problems with
    >>> tools::package_native_routine_registration_skeleton?

    >>> Error in native_routine_registration_db_from_ff_call_db(calls, dir,
    >>> character_only) :
    >>> no native symbols were extracted

    > please carefully re-read the error message!

    > Hint :  What is the name of the first argument of that function,
    > and what is the name of the 2nd one ?

I'm sorry and do apologize: The above was not at all helpful.

'dir' _is_ the first argument of
package_native_routine_registration_skeleton()  and the error
message showed another function (with a similarly much much much
too long name, so nobody reads the name to an end).

Indeed, I get the same message as you when I use this on a
source package directory... though one that does already contain
everything perfect in the init.c file.

So maybe the function should not give an error but just
acknowledge that no *unregisterted* native symbols were found ?

Martin Maechler