[R-pkg-devel] R package with RcppArmadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 8 19:28:26 CEST 2017

On 8 June 2017 at 16:53, Maity, Arnab K wrote:
| Some background information: I am trying to develop a package "afths" with
| some R and C++ functions. I developed the package skeleton using
| RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton().

As of today, CRAN contains 352 packages using RcppArmadillo.

I like to start from existing and working examples. So if I were you, I'd
download a few and look at them -- preferably those without external
dependencies.  These are on CRAN, and build just fine.

So try building them at your end: if it fails you have a good indication of
your side of the bargain being borked.  And if it works, great: now you have
a working model to style your package after.

Similarly, you can start from just RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton().  Make no
changes and build it.  That *should* work (or else we have a bug we do not
know about).  Then add your code one file at a time, and frequently rebuild.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org