[R-pkg-devel] unusually slow tests on win-builder

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Jun 5 17:02:44 CEST 2017

On 05.06.2017 14:48, Jonathon Love wrote:
> hi dason,
>
> yes, it looks like it's taking 10 seconds.
>
> 10 seconds still seems unusually long, and a lot longer than 600ms.

So your windows installation of R-3.4.0 can solve this in 600ms? Or is
yoiur another OS?

For winbuilder, it could be it was heavily loaded, but even then it
should never take more than twice as long as on an idling machine. Then
winbuilder has server CPUs with lots of cores hence operates at a lower
frequency, altogether not more than 3-4 times the the time you got can
be expected.

Best,
Uwe Ligges