[R-pkg-devel] Package submission - Issue with pandoc in R CMD check

Emmanuel Blondel emmanuel.blondel1 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 20:59:58 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I've just submitted a new package named geometa, for which i received the message below. Indeed i had sent in my submission some question mark about the warning i obtain during R CMD check:

In case of R release and R devel, I got the following warning:

Conversion of 'README.md' failed:
pandoc.exe: Could not fetchhttps://img.shields.io/badge/Github-0.1--0-blue.svg
TlsExceptionHostPort (HandshakeFailed Error_EOF) "img.shields.io" 443

I've been looking for information about it, and it seems to be reported as bug of Pandoc. Same occur if I use an http link instead. I didn't find any successful alternative to remove this warning, and of course for this package and others i maintain, i would like to keep the 2 badges, 1 for CRAN and 1 for Github so user can quickly check if there is a pending revision in Github.

R CRAN checks links:
- old release:https://win-builder.r-project.org/GphApwuaD56b
- release:https://win-builder.r-project.org/maQicmvW941l
- devel:https://win-builder.r-project.org/OLSqwXd4W442

I would be very grateful if someone can shed light on this, and suggest a solution, so i could re-submit the package to CRAN.

Best regards
Emmanuel