[R-pkg-devel] compact PDF - vignettes

Fernanda De Bastiani fernandadebastiani at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:06:41 CEST 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

please, I am trying to submit a package to CRAN (with a vignette) but I
receive the following warning

* checking sizes of PDF files under 'inst/doc' ... WARNING

  'gs+qpdf' made some significant size reductions:
     compacted 'name.pdf' from 1212Kb to 924Kb
  consider running tools::compactPDF(gs_quality = "ebook") on these files

I use windows sytem and Rstudio. I have added this command
--compact-vignettes="gs+qpdf" in the build option, then I received the
message above. Please what exactly I have to add or change in order to
improve the gs quality to ebook?

Thank you,
Fernanda