[R-pkg-devel] CRAN and cmake

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed May 24 13:05:28 CEST 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:19 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 23 May 2017 at 11:36, Spencer Graves wrote:
> | On 2017-05-23 10:56 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | > A nice benefit of Gabor's CRAN mirror on GitHub is access to the GitHub.
> | > Here I constrain on user:cran (to get just that mirror, and nothing) and
> | > CMakeLists.txt.  Seems to find 47 repos -- corresponding to 47 packages.
> | >
> | > https://github.com/search?q=user%3Acran+CMakeLists.txt&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93
> |

> |        How did you construct that search string?
>
> As I wrote in the preceding paragraph: "user:cran" and "CMakeList.txt".
>
> The rest is a copy and paste of the results page's URL.

If you go to: https://github.com/cran/ and stick something in the
search box for "This organization" you'll get redirected to the search
URL, for example:

https://github.com/search?q=org%3Acran+monkey

I think "cran" is technically an "organization" rather than a "user"
on github, but users and organizations occupy the same namespace so it
probably doesn't matter if the search string has user or org in this
case.

Github also has a REST search API - hasn't anyone wrapped this in R yet?

https://developer.github.com/v3/search/

Barry