[R-pkg-devel] spell checking of the DESCRIPTION file

dharmapal burne dhammapalb at uohyd.ac.in
Thu May 18 12:51:17 CEST 2017

Before I change the NAMESPACE file, error is :
* checking examples ... ERROR
Running examples in ‘plfMA-Ex.R’ failed
The error most likely occurred in:

> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: plfMA
> ### Title: A function to launch the plfMA GUI.
> ### Aliases: plfMA
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> library(plfMA)
> x<-matrix(1:100,ncol=10)
> plfMA(x)
Error: could not find function "plfMA"
Execution halted

Now, I have added the first statement in NAMESPACE file with
exportPattern("^[[:alpha:]]+")
The error has gone.

I think, the error is fixed.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
> [...]

>> ... OK
>> * checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
>> * checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
>> * checking dependencies in R code ... OK
>> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
>> * checking replacement functions ... OK
>> * checking foreign function calls ... OK
>> * checking R code for possible problems ... OK
>> * checking Rd files ... OK
>> * checking Rd metadata ... OK
>> * checking Rd line widths ... OK
>> * checking Rd cross-references ... OK
>> * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
>> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
>> * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
>> * checking Rd contents ... OK
>> * checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
>> * checking examples ... OK
>> * checking PDF version of manual ... OK
>> I think, there are no errors now.
>> Shall I resubmit the tar file to CRAN?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Uwe Ligges
>> <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
>> <mailto:ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 18.05.2017 09:07, dharmapal burne wrote:
>>
>>         The name is automatically getting generated after executing the
>>         command
>>         "R CMD build plfMA".
>>         It is my system name.
>>         I think, we should consider it as false positive.
>>

>>     Your system name should not be spell checked, perhapos you provide
>>     check log and package on some web resources so that poeple are able
>>     tpo help?
>>
>>     Best,
>>     Uwe Ligges
>>

>>         On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Uwe Ligges
>>         <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
>>         <mailto:ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
>>         <mailto:ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
>>         <mailto:ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>>> wrote:
>>

>>             On 17.05.2017 16:34, michel.grzebyk at inrs.fr
>>         <mailto:michel.grzebyk at inrs.fr>
>>             <mailto:michel.grzebyk at inrs.fr
>>
>>         <mailto:michel.grzebyk at inrs.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>                 The spell checking of the DESCRIPTION file of my package
>>         have
>>                 issued a
>>                 NOTE concerning authors' name of articles appearing in the
>>                 "description"
>>                 field.
>>                 Is there a a way to fix this problem or shall I consider
>>         this
>>                 NOTE as a
>>                 false positive?
>>
>>                 I was not able to find any indication in "Writing R
>>         Extension"
>>                 about how
>>                 to include names in the "description" field.
>>

>>             If the spell checks have false positives, that's OK and your
>>         package
>>             won't be rejected.
>>             Nevertheless, software names should be written single quotes
>> as
>>             'package' and functions with parentheses as in foo().

*DHAMMAPAL BHARNE,*
PhD Research Scholar,

*University of Hyderabad,*
Mobile: 91 9492274285