[R-pkg-devel] doMC dependency

Christopher Lalansingh Christopher.Lalansingh at oicr.on.ca
Mon May 15 18:09:08 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing to release a package which uses doMC for parallelization in certain functions. I've used require(doMC) to specify this for these functions, and importFrom("doMC", "registerDoMC") in my NAMESPACE.

I ran all the R CMD --as-cran checks under 3.4.0 and R-devel on Debian 8 sucessfully, but when I submitted to CRAN the package failed when built on Windows. This is because doMC is not available for Windows. It was recommended by Uwe Ligges that I move doMC to "Suggests", but since doMC is required for functions in my package this does not seem to work:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Namespace dependency not required: 'doMC'

Is there a way to keep doMC in 'Suggests' by changing how I attach/load doMC in my package?

Thanks for your help,

Christopher Lalansingh
Software Engineer

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427

Twitter: @OICR_news<https://webmail.oicr.on.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=MA7-a3CvAEG5RdsDMIcBK_o6Usmud9AIx_-tz-3Es_08qcyqPQSaa-TKX-K3aGfgEn8rFENGNrs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.twitter.com%2fOICR_news>
www.oicr.on.ca<https://webmail.oicr.on.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=MA7-a3CvAEG5RdsDMIcBK_o6Usmud9AIx_-tz-3Es_08qcyqPQSaa-TKX-K3aGfgEn8rFENGNrs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.oicr.on.ca>

This message and any attachments may contain confidentia...{{dropped:12}}