[R-pkg-devel] gmp depedencies

Andy Bunn Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu
Wed May 10 00:32:10 CEST 2017

Hi all, I package I maintain imports gmp:

https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=gmp

There is no binary OS X El Capitan binary for gmp and attempts to build it
from source on Mac OS X fail:

andybunns-MacBook-Pro:Downloads bunna$ R CMD INSTALL gmp_0.5-13.1.tar.gz
* installing to library Œ/Users/bunna/Rlibs¹
* installing *source* package Œgmp¹ ...
** package Œgmp¹ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for __gmpz_ui_sub in -lgmp... no
configure: error: GNU MP not found, or not 4.1.4 or up, see
http://gmplib.org
ERROR: configuration failed for package Œgmp¹
* removing Œ/Users/bunna/Rlibs/gmp¹
andybunns-MacBook-Pro:Downloads bunna$

Installing the gmp library on Mac appear fraught:

https://gmplib.org/macos.html

Anybody have a suggestion of how to proceed? I'm thinking of removing gmp
from the package I maintain.

Thanks in advance,
-Andy