[R-pkg-devel] How to -I in Makevars.win for ddk/ntddk.h

Matt Dowle mattjdowle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 23:00:40 CEST 2017

Hi,

#include <ddk/ntddk.h>

This finds ddk/ntddk.h ok but then fails with :

C:/Rtools/mingw_64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/ddk/ntddk.h:38:17: fatal
error: wdm.h: No such file or directory

It can't find wdm.h because that's alongside ntddk.h in the ddk directory.
It's only looking in include not include/ddk,  I think.

I've been searching and reading the documentation and I believe I can
create a file Makevars.win with a line PKG_CPPFLAGS = -I<something>/ddk

Is that correct?  What should <something> be?  i.e. the location of
windows.h which it finds fine.

I'm using latest Rtools.exe 3.4 via AppVeyor.

Thanks, Matt