[R-pkg-devel] PDF manual check giving FAIL status

Graeme Hickey graemeleehickey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 17:26:44 CEST 2017

Hello,

This is my first post here, so thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

My package joineRML is showing a status of FAIL on CRAN for Mac OSX (release) whilst checking the PDF version of the manual: https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_joineRML.html <https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_joineRML.html>. I built the package on Mac OSX using R v3.4.0 with no errors, warnings, or notes during package checks / builds using devtools. All help documentation was built with roxygen2, and I’ve not used any advanced LaTeX commands (just things like \eqn{}, etc.).

I cannot reproduce this FAIL locally, which seems isolated to OSX (release) flavour only on CRAN. The package passes on win-builder, appveyor, and Travis CI. Also, I have successfully built the PDF manual on my Mac OSX (version 10.12.4, Sierra) locally using

path <- find.package("joineRML")
system(paste(shQuote(file.path(R.home("bin"), "R")), "CMD", "Rd2pdf", shQuote(path)))

and the output looks as I would expect.

I’ve also filed an issue with the roxygen GitHub authors (https://github.com/klutometis/roxygen/issues/626) in case this is something to with the roxygen generated Rd files. I apologise if this is cross-posting.

As I cannot reproduce this FAIL, I’m very baffled. Also, I’m not really sure what the difference is between a FAIL and a WANING/ERROR. Hoping someone here can advise me on what the source of the issue could be.

Thanks,

Graeme