[R-pkg-devel] R_registerRoutines, etc.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 24 01:51:54 CEST 2017

On 24 April 2017 at 11:47, Rolf Turner wrote:

| On 24/04/17 11:22, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > I would be surpised if init.c was Fortran. Anyway...
|
| It isn't of course.  But it is the device used for "registering
| routines" of all both flavours (i.e. both C and Fortran).

And per Duncan's last (and his earlier emails) maybe you need to call from R
into C (for finer control over the interface) and only then call your Fortran
worker function.  To hide it, and its plausibly more limited interface,
entirely from R.

But I really have no firm idea (and tend to have none of these issues as I
use C++ most of the time from R) so I get out of the way now.

Best of luck,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org