[R-pkg-devel] Issue with including vignettes without building package

Alexandre Courtiol alexandre.courtiol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:37:04 CEST 2017

To rephrase my needs, I need to find a way to create the file
/Meta/vignette.rds at install, not build, as all other files for the
vignettes to run are being installed properly.
Has anyone managed to do that?
For now my horrible hack is to have a function calling the vignette through
a call to browseURL(paste0(find.package("XXX"), "/doc/")).
It opens the folder with all the vignette, but it is not as nice as opening
the index in the web browser.
Doing a browseURL on the index.html works but then the links do not... so
that does not help.
Best
Alex