[R-pkg-devel] Package Submission: issues with R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'

Vineetha Warriyar Kodalore Vijayan vineethawarriyar.kod at ucalgary.ca
Thu Apr 13 17:14:30 CEST 2017

Hi,

When I submitted my R package to CRAN, it didn't go through the automatic incoming check, resulting the following NOTE.  I tested on my macOS with R CMD CHECK and R CMD --as-cran, both went through with one NOTE ( Maintainer: NOTE).

* checking compiled code ... NOTE
File 'EpiILM/libs/i386/EpiILM.dll':
  Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'
File 'EpiILM/libs/x64/EpiILM.dll':
  Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'

It is good practice to register native routines and to disable symbol
search.

See 'Writing portable packages' in the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

I did go through the manual (section 5.4), but didn't understand much. Can someone help to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Vineetha