[R-pkg-devel] Creating a new package dependent on Igraph

Annu Joshi annu.mcs.du.2015 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:16:02 CET 2017

Hello all,

We have created a new package called dgraph which contains all the igraph
codebase along with our graph decomposition functions.
We have overwritten the Namespace and exported only our functions.So, the
user will not be able to access the functions of igraph through our package
dgraph.
The prototype of our functions follow this skeleton:
dgraph_our-function-name
Hence our package contain both Igraph and Dgraph code.

The package was working fine when the functions were only returning a
vector of numbers i.e. the truss value of the edges of the graph. But it
seems to be broken when we return a vector of igraph graph objects. We have
traced the problem to be in R_Igraph_To_SEXP .

But this functionality was working when imlemented in our local igraph
package.

Can you advise where we are going wrong. We can share the package if you
want to have a look.

Thanks