[R-pkg-devel] .bib file in vignette not found during R CMD check

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:17:17 CET 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/02/2017 5:17 PM, Patrick Schratz wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Duncan, that was the problem! Although the Rbuildignore entry
>> pointed to the main dir
>

> No, it contains patterns, not paths, and is matched "case-insensitively
> against the file and directory names relative to the top-level package
> source directory".  Put ^ at the beginning if you want to refer to the main
> dir.
>
> Hadley, reporting what gets omitted might be a good suggestion, but it might
> report too much in a package with compiled code (the .o files will generally
> be omitted; rgl has 51 of those in src...).

I like this idea.  It could be done such that R CMD build lists the
files omitted based solely on the content of .Rbuildignore, which I
assume is also what Hadley meant.  This way *.o files wouldn't be
listed since they're omitted by the built-in rules of R CMD build
itself.

/Henrik