[R-pkg-devel] UseR! Session: Navigating the jungle of R packages.

J C Nash profjcnash at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:21:16 CET 2017

Thanks for this. Besides stirring the pot by suggesting this suggestion, my own approach has been to try to do this with
optimr/optimrx for "optimization" (actually function minimization with possibly bounds). Hans Werner Borchers has been
charging ahead with a global optimization wrapper gloptim, but it is early days.

Jonathan: since you are planning to attend, perhaps we can collaborate to include jmv as another example. One issue is
that there are almost certainly many anova tools, but unlike optimizers where one wants to compare performance, I
believe anova will be about comparing possibly incompatible features. If interested, get in tough offline.

Best, JN