[R-pkg-devel] Error in pkg Check Results

Daniel Lüdecke d.luedecke at uke.de
Mon Feb 6 12:24:07 CET 2017

 > Well, this is on Solaris, not Linux, most likely it is an issue on your

Yes, I recognized this just after sending the mail I'm just curious why
this does only happen on Solaris, and not other machines. According to
the traceback, this error seems to occur when computing CI for glm:

Traceback:
  1: glm.fit(x = Xi, y = Y, weights = W, etastart = LP, offset = o,
family = fam, control = fitted$control)
  2: profile.glm(object, which = parm, alpha = (1 - level)/4, trace = trace)
  3: profile(object, which = parm, alpha = (1 - level)/4, trace = trace)
  4: confint.glm(fit)
  5: stats::confint(fit)
  6: odds_to_rr(fit)

At a first look, this seems to be something I can't do much about, but I
want to be sure to do my best to avoid errors on the various R OS platforms.

Best
Daniel

Am 06.02.2017 um 12:19 schrieb Uwe Ligges:

> On 06.02.2017 12:09, Daniel Lüdecke wrote:
>> Before submitting a package-update, I visit the check-results-page, as
>> requested by CRAN. For my sjstats-package, there is an error on
>> r-patched-solaris for package version 0.8.0:
>>
>> https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-patched-solaris-x86/sjstats-00check.html
>>

>> it says:
>>
>> Waiting for profiling to be done...
>>
>>  *** caught segfault ***
>> address f, cause 'memory not mapped'
>>
>> Is this an issue with R on linux, or can this issue be solved by me as
>> package-maintainer?
>>

> Well, this is on Solaris, not Linux, most likely it is an issue on your
> end.
>
> Best,
> Uwe Ligges
>

>> Best
>> Daniel
>> --

>> Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen
>> Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
>> Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.
>> Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik

Daniel Lüdecke, Dr. phil.

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
Zentrum für Psychosoziale Medizin
Institut für Medizinische Soziologie