[R-pkg-devel] While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Cathy Lee Gierke leegi001 at umn.edu
Sun Feb 5 14:20:22 CET 2017

I cannot find any recent solution to this problem, and older ones do not
seem to work.

I just installed the small version of MacTeX called BasicTeX, to allow my
package to build PDFs.   http://tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

Everything worked, except I get the error  "LaTex error: File
`inconsolata.sty' not found".  I tried to install inconsolata.sty as
suggested here,
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help//2013-July/356743.html but
get an error saying zi4 is not there when following the Read.Me install
instructions:

Mac OS X: Method A (recommended): type

>sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c
>sudo cp -Rfp * /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>sudo echo Map zi4.map >> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/updmap.cfg
>sudo mktexlsr

kpsewhich zi4.sty returns nothing

kpsewhich inconsolata.sty returns nothing

So they must not be installed.  Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks much,
Cathy Lee Gierke

*“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot
drive out hate: only love can do that.” *
*“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”*
*“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity.” *
*“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”   *
*“Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” *
*“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”  *

― Martin Luther King Jr.

<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/23924.Martin_Luther_King_Jr_>