[R-pkg-devel] Encoding problem

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 31 02:59:24 CET 2017

Thanks Thierry, that indeed was the problem.

I am not sure who to advise to correct the documentation in Writing R
Extensions though because I was following the instructions there:

"... the encoding may be declared using a comment like

%!\VignetteEncoding{UTF-8}

If the encoding is UTF-8, this can also be declared using the declaration

%!\SweaveUTF8"

The same instruction appears in all the versions of WRE that I checked,
HTML and PDF, R-release, R-patched and R-devel.

I have copied in Duncan and Martin in the expectation they might ensure
a correction.

David