[R-pkg-devel] R CMD Check: package dependencies

Kate Hartmann klh64 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:04:12 CET 2017

Hello:

I am working on uploading my first R package to CRAN and running into a
problem with package dependencies with R CMD check using win-builder (I am
not having this problem on my mac).  I am getting:

“Package required but not available: ‘grasp2db’”

Best I can tell this is because ‘grasp2b’ is an ‘annotation package’ and
although win-builder includes all CRAN packages it only includes
Bioconductor ‘software’ packages.  One of the functions in my package
requires ‘grasp2db’ otherwise I would do my best to move it to ‘suggests’
rather than ‘imports’.

Any advice you might have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate