[R-pkg-devel] building binary gives error when trying to load

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:52:52 CET 2016

On 01/11/2016 1:10 PM, Henric Winell wrote:
> On 2016-11-01 17:01, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> >> That looks like a bug.
> >

> > Indeed, it is also fairly new, as I typically do manual stuff that way
> > and it hit me 5 minuites ago. Sorry for not having tested it as I did
> > not believe there was a newly introduced bug.
> >
> > Uwe
>
> I reported this issue to R-devel about ten days ago.
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2016-October/073286.html

Yes, it's been there for a few weeks.  I suspect Uwe has a more complete
set of environment variables than most people, and some of those could
have masked the error.

As for me, I rarely develop packages on Windows any more.

Now that Microsoft is pushing their R products so much, you'd think they
could contribute some time to supporting their platform.

Duncan Murdoch