[R-pkg-devel] Submitting to CRAN a package depending on RGtk2

Lorenzo Busetto lbusett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:24:54 CEST 2016

Hi Dirk,

thanks for the answer. Yes, I know that that does the trick. In fact,
in our  github README we have
the following intructions:

"Install the following required dependencies:

Cairo >= 1.0.0, ATK >= 1.10.0, Pango >= 1.10.0, GTK+ >= 2.8.0, GLib >=
2.8.0 (required by package RGtk2)
Curl (required by package curl)
GDAL >= 1.6.3, PROJ.4 >= 4.4.9 (required by package rgdal)

On Debian and Ubuntu-based systems, to install those packages open a
terminal and type

sudo apt-get install r-cran-cairodevice r-cran-rgtk2
libcurl4-openssl-dev libgdal-dev libproj-dev  "

One of my questions here (maybe dumb), is how/where I should  specify
those dependencies when submitting to CRAN.
Is putting intructions like these in the readme of the package
sufficient, or do I need to do something else ? That's what I was
asking as first point of the "Linux" part of the previous post (sorry
if it was not clear).

Lorenzo