[R-pkg-devel] Makevar file issue.

Vineetha Warriyar Kodalore Vijayan vineethawarriyar.kod at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 17 21:38:22 CEST 2016

Dear R package developers,

I have developed an R package and its working locally on my system ( mac os x El Capitan, Xcode 7,  gfortran 6.1) with  ~/.R/Makevars. The Makevar file in the home directory contains:

F77 = gfortran

FC = gfortran

FLIBS = -L/usr/local/gfortran/lib

Now I'm trying to make this package portable. How can I move this dependent Makevar file into my src folder? I tried to move the same, but got an error saying

 * installing *source* package 'pkgname' ...
 ** libs
 gfortran-4.8  -fPIC -Wall -g -O2  -c  epidata.f95 -o epidata.o
 make: gfortran-4.8: No such file or directory
 make: *** [epidata.o] Error 1

I did go through the writing R extension manual, but with my limited knowledge I couldn't find any solution. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Vineetha