[R-pkg-devel] doc url to vignette

Berry Boessenkool berryboessenkool at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:40:38 CEST 2016

Thanks to all writers.

I'll sum up so people reading this later (e.g. me) find everything quickly.

TOPIC:

Link from Rd manuals to other vignettes and documentation via URL.

You can now reference to a vignette in another package (thanks, Uwe!) e.g.:

\url{https://cran.r-project.org/package=roxygen2/vignettes/rd.html}

If the vignette is in your own package, you can use the relative link that will also work off-line.
> To link from vignette1.html to vignette2.html,
> use URL "vignette2.html".  They'll be installed in the same directory

You should not use bit.ly links etc to circumvent CRAN checks.

If all else fails, add a note to the submission comment and hope the CRAN team accepts it.

Regards,
Berry