[R-pkg-devel] Mis-spelled word with winbuilder

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:34:04 CEST 2016

On 21/09/2016 7:17 AM, Göran Broström wrote:
> I'm checking my package with winbuilder and get one NOTE:
>
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: 'Göran Broström <goran.brostrom at umu.se>'
>
> Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    piecewise (9:43)
>
> How should it be spelled? I have googled 'piecewise' and it seems to be
> widely used with that spelling.

That's fine, it's just that it's not in Win-builder's reference
dictionary.  There are quite a few technical words missing there, so we
get a number of false positives. You'll also see reports about proper names.

CRAN asks that software names be quoted (in single quotes).  In
particular, R package names should be quoted.

Proper names of people and things other than software do not need to be
quoted.