[R-pkg-devel] automated testing for an SSH tunneling package?

Jonathan Lisic jlisic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 01:52:36 CEST 2016

I don’t think there is any specific requirement for automated tests on CRAN; there
is also no requirement on CRAN to have a windows version.  The current
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ssh.utils/index.html
package certainly does not.  That being said, I’m always a fan of inclusion, and
would love to see some R utilities on windows for ssh.

The official CRAN policy is:

Package authors should make all reasonable efforts to provide cross-platform portable
code. Packages will not normally be accepted that do not run on at least two of the major
R platforms. Cases for Windows-only packages will be considered, but CRAN may not be
the most appropriate place to host them.

I would also agree that getting Jeroen’s package up and running would be great,
but is admittedly a much steeper hill to climb.

Cheers,

Jonathan