[R-pkg-devel] Validate CRAN package using a linked library

Dorel, Mathurin mathurin.dorel at charite.de
Wed Sep 14 14:52:16 CEST 2016

Hi,

I developed a package using the symbolic calculus C library ginac (http://www.ginac.de/<https://email.charite.de/owa/redir.aspx?REF=fSvQ3yE_XkDlPenE4F0MzYwBnO23griAuHvI5OZfSugms-XfndzTCAFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmdpbmFjLmRlLw..>).
I want to submit my package to CRAN, but the library is not installed on CRAN computers
so the C/C++ code does not compile on CRAN winbuilder (http://win-builder.r-project.org/upload.aspx<https://email.charite.de/owa/redir.aspx?REF=KMGXFEO-FDxPH92uJokI4LhZLoWd8IY1gdu9k7Wswrcms-XfndzTCAFodHRwOi8vd2luLWJ1aWxkZXIuci1wcm9qZWN0Lm9yZy91cGxvYWQuYXNweA..>).

What would be an appropriate solution? Should I ask the CRAN administrators to install ginac on
their test machines, or should I submit a source package in the style of BH which would provided
a compiled version of the ginac library that I could link to?

Best,
Mathurin Dorel