[R-pkg-devel] data function from utils package

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Aug 16 21:48:25 CEST 2016

Dear Mike,

Perhaps it's stating the obvious, but why not save the .csv file with ";" as the delimiter using the sep argument to write.csv() or write.table(), or save as a .txt file with " " as the delimiter?

Although I don't know why ";" was chosen in preference to "," for data(), I doubt that it's a bug since the behaviour corresponds to what's in ?data, as you noted.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University