[R-pkg-devel] Accessing R's linked PCRE library from inside a package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 11 01:51:35 CEST 2016

On 10 August 2016 at 19:35, Oliver Keyes wrote:
| Neat; thanks Dirk! Will be interesting to see if I can get that finnagled on
| Windows when I get back to Boston.

Come to think about it, there is a bit of good fortune in my use as I

 - don't need to bother with include flags as pcre as a 'system library'
   so header are found

 - don't need to worry about version skew as there is only one pcre version
   on the system, and the header and library match

which will not generally be true in other, less developer-friendly environs.
But hey, that's your problem and not mine :)

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org