[R-pkg-devel] Pkgs with ToS violations

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Aug 4 13:38:48 CEST 2016

ROpenSci's onboarding process has a checkbox for confirming that the
package "does not violate the Terms of Service of any service it
interacts with.":

https://github.com/ropensci/onboarding/blob/master/issue_template.md

I also have a vague memory of this discussion a few years ago on
R-help/-dev where TPTB on CRAN decided that they were just providing
hammers, and if people wanted to break into houses with them then that
wasn't their problem (I'm paraphrasing and vague on the details...).
Can't find that thread right now.