[R-pkg-devel] Absent variables and tibble

Lenth, Russell V russell-lenth at uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 28 04:15:08 CEST 2016

Hadley's note on partial matching has me scared the most concerning the as.null() coding. So the need for a hasName() (or whatever) function seems all the more compelling, and that it be in base R. Perhaps it should be generic, with a default method that searches in the names attribute, potentially extensible to other classes.

Thanks so much, several of you, for your positive and helpful responses.

Russ