[R-pkg-devel] Getting a package ready for CRAN - some questions

Berry Boessenkool berryboessenkool at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:01:11 CEST 2016

Regarding data in vignettes:

In one of my vignettes I have a simulation that takes too much computing time.
The code is excluded from being executed when building the vignette, but if it's run manually, it saves the result as an Rdata file (in the folder "vignettes").
The next (executed) block of code then loads this small file and visualizes it.
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/extremeStat/vignettes/extremeStat.html#truncation-effect

I'm absolutely NOT sure if this is good practice, but it worked well for me...

Berry

PS: If I'm doing stupid stuff, feel free to tell me...