[R-pkg-devel] Data for unit testing in packages

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:01:40 CEST 2016

Very similar here.  I use the RUnit framework, which has testing scripts in
  inst/unitTests

I put scripts for creating the test data in
  inst/testData
and save rda files into
  inst/unitTests

I create the data set by R CMD BATCH and I save the .Rout file which
creates the test data, so I have a record of which packages / versions was
used to create it.

Kasper