[R-pkg-devel] Possible R CMD check extensions (Was: Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun May 8 16:47:53 CEST 2016

On 8 May 2016 at 16:18, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| On 08.05.2016 16:13, carlos cinelli wrote:
| > How should I proceed in this case?
|
| Submit to CRAN.

The deeper question is if 'we all' can have a conversation about extending
the directory layout / format to add things to the packaging infrastructure.
What comes to mind is e.g.

  - a spell-checker white list (per Carlos' initial email)

  - more generally, 'white list' of warnings R CMD check can be quiet about [1]

  - more hooks, ie I would like to call roxygen2::roxygenize() as well as
    Rcpp::compileAttributes() when building

  - [ This place intentionally left blank. Let me hear other proposals. ]

We have a year to mess things up for R 3.4.0, so anybody else intereted in
working on this?

Dirk

[1] There is no point in telling me that Rcpp creates a shared library of
over 1 mb. It has been doing so for years.  C++ libraries have a footprint.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org