[R-pkg-devel] Definition of "reverse imports"

ProfJCNash profjcnash at gmail.com
Tue May 3 21:55:08 CEST 2016

Thanks. Just wondered if there were something formal in case it could be
important sometime.

For information, I'm working on a presentation on R as an infrastructure
for optimization for the Fields Institute
Workshop on Nonlinear Optimization Algorithms and Industrial Applications

http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/activities/15-16/algorithms

If any developers have something in the pipe that would be worth
communicating, please let me know off-list. The purpose of going is to
build and maintain communications with the optimization crowd.

Also, in my review I've come across a few package glitches e.g., package
"powell" won't install because of something untoward in printf()
functions. I'll report this in detail when R 3.3 comes in the Linux Mint
update if there is still a problem at that time. (CRAN checks are
complaining about such issues, but seem to treat them as warnings rather
than errors. The package date is 2006, so rather old.)

Cheers, JN