[R-pkg-devel] Has GitHub been used as a CRAN-style repository?

Brian O'Meara omeara.brian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:21:59 CEST 2016

In addition to drat, R-forge may already do what you want: it's not
completely decentralized, but it still allows distribution of packages,
including binaries, without checking by CRAN maintainers (and it can build
binaries for you for some platforms). Work on R-Hub was funded as the next
generation of CRAN + R-Forge:  https://github.com/r-hub/proposal.

Best,
Brian

Brian O'Meara