[R-pkg-devel] Submitting CRAN packages with hard-to-meet dependencies

boB Rudis bob at rudis.net
Tue Apr 19 02:48:08 CEST 2016

So, how do we create a solid alternative to CRAN? github drat wld have
been impossible at my previous gig (for good reasons). Is it time to
try to get rOpenSci to be a legit CRAN alternative? Add enough process
around it to support things like this (i.e. a less narrowly focused
Bioconductor)? Package complexities are only going to grow, not
shrink. Such is this brave, new data science world we live in.