[R-pkg-devel] Namespace error

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:07:37 CET 2016

On 17 Feb 2016, at 10:25 , Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Duncan Murdoch
> <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 16/02/2016 12:14 PM, Glenn Schultz wrote:
>>>
>>> All
>>>
>>> I am not sure why I am getting this error and I cannot find anything on
>>> the net other than try to restart R. I am
>>> using Roxygen2 and it clearly says don't edit by hand at the top of the
>>> namespace so I am stuck as what to do or look for.
>>

>> You will need to contact the Roxygen2 maintainers about this.  We don't
>> support it.
>
> So, this mailing list is about developing packages using base R
> packages only and exclusively?
>
> I suggest that the owners clarify this on the "about" page, because I
> totally missed it, and almost answered this question. :)

Well, by all means, then....

It's like r-help. Sometimes a question seems better directed at RStudio support or the platform specific mailing lists, and people get redirected, but hey, we're supposed to be friendly in here, so if you happen to know the answer, just tell.

(The list was mainly set up to facilitate issues between CRAN and package maintainers, so the expertise that you can assume to be present is that of people who know why CRAN is being picky, etc. There's little point in keeping the expertise of others out, but there's a blurry line towards doing 3rd party maintainers' work for them.)

-pd