[R-pkg-devel] Development Testers?

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:30:41 CET 2016

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for the R mailing lists but
I'm not sure where else to ask.

I am wondering if there is any means by which package authors can solicit
testers for a package.  I believe this is often referred to as 'crowd
sourced testing'.

I am aware of continuous integration platforms and unit testing (e.g.
testthat) but that only gets me so far.  In my particular instance I am
developing packages for GPU computing (maybe this request would be best on
the HPC mailing list?).  As such, I can't possibly have access to every
type of GPU.  I would like to find a means of 'recruiting' users who may
have different pieces of hardware to test my package.  Of course this won't
be exhaustive but any additional testing that others could provide would
make the package all the more stable.

Regards,
Charles