[R-pkg-devel] double colon

Berry Boessenkool berryboessenkool at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:41:40 CET 2016

Thanks for your reply, Uwe.
The guy yesterday very strongly suggested it for user readability, but I wanted to get more opinions before doing so much work. (No offense, Steven).

I'm not sure whether we talk about the same thing considering functions *within* the package.
Say I have 'MyPackage' with 'fun_a' and also 'fun_b', which inside calls 'fun_a'. (Both exported)
That wouldn't be in imports or suggests, right?

Now image by unfortunate history there is 'AnotherPackage' that also has (its own and different) 'fun_a'.
Is far as I remember, 'fun_b' will still call 'fun_a' from 'MyPackage'.
I can't find back where I read that, though.
For user readability and to be on the safe side, in the future I'll write 'MyPackage::fun_a'.
(Of course, if I'm aware, I'll avoid same-name functions altogether).

kind regards,
Berry