[R-pkg-devel] Self built R package would not be installed from local zip file in plain R

Chelsey Xiao wx5356a at student.american.edu
Thu Jan 14 06:18:45 CET 2016

Hi Everyone,

Recently I built an R package and it passed R CMD check, install and
generated package manual.

But my problem is that although the package works well on my laptop, it
would not work well in other computers. When I tried on R-studio in other
laptops with no r packages that were needed to be imported to make my
package run, it wouldn't automatically installing packages that I listed in
the "Imports" in Description file. And when I tried to install this Package
in plain R by installing from local zip file, the plain R had warnings:

"Warning in install.packages(choose.files("", filters = Filters[c("zip",  :

Error in read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type"))
:
  cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In unzip(zipname, exdir = dest) : error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) :
  cannot open compressed file 'R-3.2.3-win.exe/DESCRIPTION', probable
reason 'No such file or directory'
> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()

I do not know how to handle these problems. How would I test my package
before I put it on CRAN if the package would not run in other devices?

Could anyone tell me what should I do? I will appreciate any helps.

Sincerely,
Chelsey