[R-pkg-devel] Run-away R CMD check ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Dec 12 15:30:27 CET 2015

For Rcpp and friends, I frequently run 'R CMD check' in "batch mode" over a
large set of packages.  That works fine, apart from taking long :)

I am using the exact same script (which is home-grown and could do with a
revision, but is public at [1] -- basically just a big loop over a set of
packages), and the exact same ~/.R/check.Renviron.

Yet on the (bigger, better, newerm ...) machine at work I have three packages
which get into a loop and never finish R CMD check.

Any idea why / how and what to do?  Besides skipping these three packages
which I'll do next?

The only commonality is that all three use testthat, but so do many other
packages that test fine.

Dirk

[1] https://github.com/RcppCore/rcpp-logs/blob/master/scripts/runRcppDepends.r

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org