[R-pkg-devel] Help with making a package for Twitter Authentication

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Nov 25 04:02:14 CET 2015

I just use and external program: bti [1] and let it handle authentication
(there is a set up step).  That works beautifully for two cronjobs:
CRANberries [2] (which has tweeted thousands of times) and the CRAN Repo
Policy changes watcher [3] which tweets whenever the policy document is
updated.  I use bti because the R twitter clients were at the times shutout
from twitter, and I also had a devil of a time making them work. I never
looked back.

That said, I have not attempted to read in bulk.

Hth,  Dirk

[1] By Linux kernel maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman, see
    https://github.com/gregkh/bti
[2] http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/cranberries/
[3] https://github.com/eddelbuettel/crp
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org