[R-pkg-devel] html from Rd

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:37:23 CEST 2015

On 14/09/2015 11:24 AM, Erich Subscriptions wrote:
> I am converting an Rd file to html.
> I am furthermore using the html file produced as input for producing a ch, file.
> And the user experience could be improved it there were a way to embed names like
> <a name=“first name”>
> into the html file produced.
> Is there a way of accomplishing this?

I think this is more of an R-devel topic, but the answer is "yes,
several ways, none very simple".

The way I'd do it is to split up the parse_Rd() step from the Rd2HTML()
step, and add the extra bit to the parsed version.

Another way to do it would be to edit the input file before conversion,
or the output file after conversion.  The latter is probably easier
because the output is a little more predictable.