[R-pkg-devel] Define S4 method for generic in other package

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:32:08 CEST 2015

I'd recommend creating a minimal package that illustrates the problem
using an existing S4 generic in a base package (e.g. stats4::AIC).
That makes it easier to figure out what's gone wrong.

It's unlikely to be a roxygen2 problem since the translation from
@importFrom foo bar (etc) to importFrom(foo, bar) is quite
straightforward.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/